1.01.2011

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a very (safe) and fun new year! I know I sure did. In fact, I went ahead and got myself a fiancée last night. That's right! After 8 1/2 years I am officially engaged. And it all went down on my now fiancée's birthday. It was totally unexpected. I came over to his place and he said he had a surprise for me. He's always buying me little things so I thought nothing of it. He told me to sit down on the couch and close my eyes. When I opened them, there he was on one knee holding this gorgeous ring! I started to tear up immediately. It was AWESOME. He apologized for it not being more elaborate but I told him it was perfect. Besides if he had made a big show of it, I would have probably suspected something.
Here's my outfit(s) from yesterday. The first is one I wore to run some errands. And guess what? We got up to 60 here yesterday so no coat needed for this girl! The second outfit is my NYE outfit. Even though we didn't go anywhere and just stayed in and made tacos and watched Dick Clark, I still wanted to look festive and sparkly :)



Cardigan: Anthropologie (similar-ish here) (and here
Top: Target (similar here) (and here)
Jeans: Kohl's (similar here) (and here) (and here)
Boots: Kohl's (similar here) (and here)






Cardigan: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's (similar here) (and here) (and here
Tank: JC Penny - scored for $4! (similar here) (and here) (and here)
Jeans (see outfit above)
Flats: Simply Vera Wang (here) (similar here) (and here)



On my nails: 
Confetti Nail Polish in "Black Tie" (I found this at CVS for really cheap)
Nicole by OPI in "Twist of Fate"





Oh and here's my panda hat I got as a belated Christmas gift. A friend of mine had a zebra one from Hot Topic but I looked everywhere and couldn't find any of them. Last Monday I just randomly checked the website and they were back in stock. I immediately called my bf and he ordered it for me :)


Oh. And this is my ring! I love it. The solitaire has been passed from my bf's grandmother's sister, to his mom and now to me. I love that. 



Hope everyone is enjoying the first day of the new year. I know 2011 is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment