2.29.2012

Kohl's reviews: LC, JLO & R&R

I went to Kohl's the other day to return a few things and saw some great spring clothes. I also noticed they had a section for Rock & Republic which had me really excited. I decided to try a few things on and do some reviews for them. There were a ton of other things I wanted to try on but I didn't have enough time.


I have seen these cutout tops everywhere and this one looked promising but....eh. I think it's the color. It totally washes me out. There's a gray version online that I do like, however I still don't think I'm sold on the cutout sleeves.


I actually really liked this. It's got a bit of a hi-low hem. I do wish the front came down a tad lower though. It also has an attached cami which is nice. I could definitely see myself wearing this with some denim cutoffs or jeans for a dressier look.


I didn't think I would actually like this top but turns out it was my favorite of the day. They didn't have a Medium so I got a Large which still fit alright. It's supposed to be a baggy fit. I might actually go back and pick this up. I think the fit was flattering and perfect for casual comfy days.


When I first saw this online I immediately gravitated towards the gold one. But when I saw these side by side in the store, the gold sequins looked more matter while the silver (above) were more sparkly. This ended up being more fitted than I thought and I could probably take a Large but I still really liked this.


As you can see from the website this is supposed to be a tunic. Which means I guess I should have gone a size or two up? I couldn't figure this thing out in the store so I just wore it scrunched up which I suppose could also work. I don't think I'd buy this even though it was pretty comfortable. I'm just not feeling it.


I would have expected this sweater to be by LC or JLO, not mixed in with R&R studs and sequins. But I like it. It's a great way to wear a sweater in the middle of summer. As you can see it's got another hi-low hem thing. I might go back and get this if it goes on sale. 


Wow. I really liked this. I loved the billowy sleeves and the embellishment. A few problems. I wish the bottom came down lower and/or flared out a bit. Also, when I was trying this on, I noticed that one of the little sequins had popped off onto the floor. Not good! Because I would have totally bought this.

I really loved the color of this. Great for spring/summer. Would look even better if I was tan :(
Definitely needs a cami or nude strapless bra underneath if you're not wearing a jacket over it.


As you can see, I've saved the best for last! It was love at first sight with this jacket. If I have some Kohl's coupons, I might go ahead and get it. It's on sale online for under $60. How can I NOT get it?!

If I go back and try on more things I'll definitely do some more reviews. They had so many cute, new things that it's definitely worth going back! Oh and you seriously need to go to your local Kohl's a check out the shoe section. Especially Vera Wang and Rock and Republic. Holy wow! That's all I'm going to say .







No comments:

Post a Comment