9.06.2011

Recipe: Man Dip

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I know I did. Even though it was strange to be wearing jeans & and a hoodie on Labor Day, I'm totally ready for fall. Yesterday was like the perfect fall day. It was overcast and there was a crisp breeze. the sun came out just in time to cast a wonderful pink-orange glow across the evening sky. Perfect. We had a cookout at my uncle's house and everyone was asked to bring a dish to share and something to drink. I wasn't sure what to bring for food at first but yesterday morning, I remembered a dip my future SIL had made a few times and knew I had to bring it. It's super easy to make and everyone will love it - even women!

Man Dip:
I saw a few variations on this recipe online but this is my take on it and in my opinion, it's the easiest and there's no way you can mess this up!

What you need:
2 rolls of spicy sausage (I used one spicy, one regular just because not everyone can take the heat)
2 packages of cream cheese (or you can just use one, depending on how soupy you want it)
2 cans of Ro-tel tomatoes (either mild or original should be fine)

Brown sausage in a skillet, then add tomatoes & cream cheese till melted. I moved mine over to a crock pot to keep it warm. Serve with Fritos Scoops, you can also use the Tostitos scoops but the Fritos are less prone to breakage.
And that's it! Super easy right? I think the whole process maybe took about half an hour. It's a great last minute recipe. I'll definitely be using this one with the upcoming holiday season.






And in case you're wondering, I brought these to the cookout as well:
Skinnygirl Margarita - this stuff is great! I do like to mix mine with a little 7up to dilute the mix, it burns my stomach a little bit, but that might just be me....
Yellow Tail Moscato - this is something new. I actually really like it. It's little more fruity than I go for but it's light and a little fizzy which is a nice alternative to beer since it wasn't as bloating. Please excuse the gunk on my bottle, some of the food got on the label in transit. It happens.

Let me know if you guys like this recipe feature and I'll try to do one once a week or something. With fall coming up, I'd like to start cooking more (and I need to expand my cooking skills since I'll be getting married!)
Also let me know if you guys have ever tried Man Dip or if you make let me know how you liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment