4.08.2011

Recently....

So in case you were wondering, my shopping ban has been going pretty well. I've only been buying things I need - personal items, food and such. The only clothing I did purchase were some polos for work and I hardly spent anything on them. They were on sale for $8.99 at Kohl's and I had 30% off. Great deal. Here are a couple of other things I've bought recently:


Jergens Natural Glow
Love this stuff! They had a firming formula and this one, the revitalizing formula, which is supposed to last longer. I'm not so sure about that, but it smells amazing! I never liked the smell of the firming one but this one smells more like sunscreen to me. And I happen to like the smell of sunscreen. 


Maybelline Turbo Volum' Express. I love volumizing mascaras and no one does them better than Maybelline, in my opinion. This one makes my lashes look full and long, much better than the Falsies formula.
btw, the eyeliner is Badgal by benefit. I've had this for a long time and really like it. 


Sinful Colors nail polish. The purple glitter one is called "frenzy" and I can't remember what the pink one is called. It's real pretty though. It has subtle pink glitter in it. Love. I recently found these at my Target for $1.99 each.

I've been needing a new hairdryer. My old one still works fine but I felt like it was damaging my hair or drying it out too much or something. I found this one at Kohl's. It's a Conair iSeries Ionic Ceramic Hairdryer. I love this thing! First of all, it's pink and black - cute. And it has a retractable cord. AND the handle folds down which makes it great for traveling. 



I found these two movies on ebay and paid under $10 for both. I used to watch these all the time and I've already watched them twice since I got them!

I found these at Walmart in the $5 movie section. I loved Walk the Line, great movie! And 16 Candles is a great 80s classic.

I think I've finally found a dry shampoo that works for me! I happened to stumble upon this at Target last week and had to try it out. I've been stuck with the Tresemme for about a year and now that I have this one from Suave I can finally get rid of it! The Tresemme just did not work for me at all. It made my hair feel heavy and honestly if felt like I had just sprayed hairspray all over. Plus the smell. Ew. This one from Suave is good so far. I like the smell and the 2 times I've used it my hair felt great all day. Even though I wore my hair up, it didn't feel greasy at all. 

That's all I've gotten so far. I wouldn't say that all of these things were *necessary* but none of them broke the bank either. Everything was under $20, with the exception of the hair dryer which was something like $25. Not too bad in my opinion. And can I just mention that I am so happy the spring has finally made it's way to southwest Ohio! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about people's purchases :) Good for you for doing well on your shopping ban...I seriously need to go on one soon! I need to check out that Suave dry shampoo as I am always looking for a better one...thanks for sharing it!

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete