1.11.2011

[Outfit of the Day]: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Hell-o! So we got our snow (and I got my snow day!). There's nothing I love more than waking up and drinking some warm coffee and watching the snow fall. Even better: watching the snow fall at night. I love doing this. I'll go outside for as long as I can stand and just watch the snow fall. Everything seems very quiet and peaceful. It's like all of the noise of the city just stops and all you hear is the gentle snow falling on the ground, the trees, the pavement. I've spent most of the day snuggled on my couch, watching random TV shows, catching up on blogs & magazines, and just watching the snow. Just the other day I was kind of really looking forward to spring, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the snow.

I'll be honest: I didn't really wear the jeans all day. After my photo shoot, I promptly put on my coziest sweatpants but I kept the sweater and the slippers.











Sweater: American Eagle (similar here) (and here) (and here)
Top: Target (get it here) (similar here for a great price) (and here - on sale!)
Jeans: American Eagle (mine are from a few years ago, but they've brought them back - yay 'cause mine are now too big. Get 'em here) (similar here) (and here) (and here)
Shoes: Target (get them here) (similar here) (and here)
Unwilling photo participant: Roxy the kitty

Oh and my title comes from a Robert Frost poem. Well actually it's the title of the poem. I was searching for poems about snow when I found this one. I felt it was fitting for today:

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Robert Frost
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment