1.19.2011

The Daily Show

Hey everyone!
I thought I would share with you my everyday products that I use on my hair & face. I don't know if it's even all that interesting to you but I thought it might be a fun thing to do. I always like watching videos (or reading on someone's blog) about the products that people use. I always like to see what other people use and what their opinion is on a certain product that maybe I've wanted to try but didn't want to waste my time. So maybe you'll find something here that you want to try or if nothing else be entertained for the next few minutes. Or seconds if you're a speed reader ;)

First up are the products I use for my hair:


Herbal Essences Hydralicious Shampoo & Conditioner:
 I'm almost out of these bottles but I really liked this formula. It's very rich and creamy but didn't weigh my hair down. I never buy the same shampoo & conditioner twice. So once this runs out I'll either try another formula or go to another brand like Pantene or Suave.
***Update:
I went to Target the other day in search of a new shampoo & conditioner. I ended up getting the Suave Humectant shampoo and conditioner for dry hair. So far - love it! I got the HUGE bottles so I wont have to stock up for awhile. 

Pantene Detangler for Medium to Thick hair:
I really like this stuff. I need to get some more. It works really great at get all the tangles out of my hair. Plus it smells pretty good too which is always a plus.
Herbal Essences Body Envy Mousse:
I use this when I want really full fabulous hair. I really only need to use this during the winter when my hair tends to fall flat. Trust me, I need no help with volume in the summer! This smells amazing as well and the price can't be beat!
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti Humidity Smoothing Milk:
Whew! That's a long name! I think this is my third or fourth bottle of this product. So clearly it's awesome. It makes my hair so soft and shiny and smooth. I use this mainly in the summer and I have to say it holds up to the humidity pretty well. Once again, the price is great for the result.
Pantene Hairspray for Medium to Thick Hair:
I just recently started using hairspray everyday. I use the aerosol which always makes me feel like I'm on Jersey Shore. But I like it and it makes my hair big and pretty


Now for face & make-up:
I've been using this on and off that last 3 years. If I use each product twice a day, everyday it works great. You can definitely tell if you skip a day. I've only stopped using it in the past because I was getting bored and wanted to try all the new and exciting skin products on the market. But I keep coming back to this because it works.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:
This is another product I've been using for years. It makes my skin look perfect. Most of the time I don't even need concealer. It's that good! Plus I never get shiny face half way through the day. 
***Update:
I went ahead a picked up Maybelline's newest line of makeup called "Fit Me". I only got the foundation (they were out of the concealer and powder in my shade) and I used it last night just to try it out. I really like it. It goes on smooth and the color really blends in with my skin. I think it's the perfect shade - I got "Buff Beige".  I plan on getting the powder, concealer and blush whenever they're back in stock. 


Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer & Bronzer:
I love both of these. The concealer blends perfectly. Although once mine is out I'm not going to buy another because as long as I'm using the mousse foundation, I don't really need the concealer and if I do, I can just use the foundation itself as one and that way it matches perfectly! The bronzer works great too. Since it's a mousse and not a powder it blends into my skin and never looks fake. It gives me a nice sun kissed glow. Who doesn't like that?
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush:
I really love this blush! I bought it in "Gentle Rose". It's the perfect natural color. I need to get another one though, because I only had mine for about a week when I dropped it and the whole thing shattered. I was able to use it for a few days after but it just got to be too messy. Fail. But I highly recommend this blush.
***Update:
I got a new Maybelline blush to replace my broken one. Target was sold out of most of the colors so I didn't get the same color. I ended up getting "Precious Pink". It's a nice coral shade but isn't too orange. It gives me a nice winter glow. 




I love these eye shadows. They're under $5 and so pigmented and soft in texture. They're kind of hard to find though. I get mine at Ulta. I highly recommend these!


Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner:
I've always wanted to try a gel eyeliner but the ones from MAC were too expensive for my taste. Then Maybelline introduced these last year and I jumped on it right away. They're less than $10 I believe and work great! I only have the black for now but I keep meaning to get the other colors. I mainly use it on my waterline (the inside lower lash line) but the few times I've used it on my lid it looks great. I can finally do the Lauren Conrad eye look!

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara:
Love this! It's so dark and makes my lashes look full and long. It is starting to clump on my lashes but I think it's getting old. I'm not sure how long I've been using it but I'm pretty sure it was around Thanksgiving so that's about right. 
***Update:
I also went ahead and picked up Maybelline's Full n' Soft mascara. I've heard great things about this and I think I even used it before....back in the day. It really does make my lashes soft, not stiff like other formulas. The volume is nice, but it's natural. This is great for a daytime look. But for nighttime, I'll stick with my Maybelline Falsies:


Lips:
I have a couple different things I use on my lips. Mainly I use chapstick. But otherwise I use gloss or lipstick. I'm not a big lipstick fan, but they're are a couple that I turn to. 

Love this stuff! It's only $1 and the color is great. Reminds me of the Stila Lipglaze (which I've never tried, but the tube looks the same). Plus it's not sticky. Score!

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude
I searched for this color for weeks. It was always sold out! And I can see why. The color is beautiful and it doesn't have that sticky lipstick feel.

I stumbled across this on ebay a few months ago. I really like the color. It's similar to the Revlon but it's a shade or two off. Highly recommend.


I use this on top of mine makeup to set it and it gives a subtle glow. Very subtle. 




I got this last year and I love it. Sometimes I use it in place of the Covergirl. It gives a nice peachy glow. 

I got this last summer. I don't use it all the time. You can use it to set your makeup but I like to use it as a "refresher" midday. It's especially nice in the summer.







Body:
St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea butter lotion. 
I am in love with this stuff! It's great for winter - it's so creamy and moisturizing. Not sticky at all, it dries pretty quickly. 
Also, since I don't tan in the winter months, I usually just use a lotion self tanner every other day. My favorite is still the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanner for Medium skin tones. I've never had a real problem with streaks as long as I make sure it's all blended. Plus it smells like suntan lotion, which too me, smells great. It makes me think of summer even when it's 12 degrees outside and snowing :)



OK. I think that's it. Wow. It seems like I use a lot of stuff......
What are your favorite products? I'm always on the lookout for something new! Let me know in the comments!










1 comment:

  1. Herbal Essences Hydralicious Shampoo & Conditioner - Herbal Essence Hydralicous Collection is really great. I have been using herbal essence for 5 years now.I liked this product. It smells very good and made my hair very soft. It is a great product for people who damnage their hair like I do. I always curl my hair so at the end of the day, my hair looks unhealthy and dead. This shampoo makes my hair healthy and it rejuvenate my damage hair. The smell is really amazing also. It leaves my hair with this great fragrance all day. I also used the Herbal Essence Hydralicous hairspray.

    This collection is great for summer also. Eventhough my hair was...

    ReplyDelete