1.17.2011

Best & Worst of Golden Globes - In My Opinion

Hey everyone! I know everyone else is going to put in their 2 cents about who rocked it and who fizzled on the red carpet but I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and throw in my opinions. Besides I've never done a post like this before so I thought, why not?

Best Dressed:
Julia Stiles:
I really like the black on her. And the one shoulder.

Amber Riley:
This is such a great color on her! And who doesn't like to sparkle?

Diana Agron:
She looks so old Hollywood - the hair, dress, accessories. Perfection.



Jane Fonda:
I think she looks fantastic! It's glamorous and age appropriate. 

Leighton Meester:
I'm usually not fond of Leighton's red carpet style. She's had a few misses in the past (haven't we all?) but  I feel this is right on! I love the color and the sleeves. The hair looks perfect. And can we talk about the shoes? Love!

Olivia Wilde: 
I've heard mixed reviews on this dress but I personally am in love with it. Maybe it's because I seem to have an affinity for sparkly princess gowns?

Amy Adams:
Such a pretty color on her! And I think the silhouette is very flattering.


Anne Hathaway:
Um, Anne? Can I please raid your closet? Thanks! Beautiful. I love this. This may be my #1 pick!

Carrie Underwood:
Even though I feel like it's something I've seen on her before and it's very safe, I do love this. She knows what works for her and sticks with it. 

Mila Kunis:
Fantastic color on her.

Sandra Bullock:
Wow! I almost didn't recognize her! I am loving the bangs on her. And I like how it contrasts the softness of her dress. 

Worst Dressed:
Scarlett Johansson:
Ugh. Nothing about this look is right. It's dowdy, washes her out and don't even get me started on the hair & make-up. Awful. And she's single now, she should be showing off her girls more - just sayin'

Christina Aguilera:
Is it just me or does she look a little chunky? I mean she's not fat by any means but her face just looks a little "full" and her boobs look bigger. I don't know what it is but the whole thing is just off.

January Jones:
Modeling the newest flapper/stripper collection! 

Jennifer Love Hewitt:
OH honey. NO.

Lea Michele:
I know Valentine's Day is coming up but there's no need to wear your festive tablecloth out in public.

Christina Hendricks:
NO! I love the color on her. But I'm not so sure about all the ruffles the close to her face. 

Emma Stone:
WTF. Seriously? What is this? She just put on a glorified t-shirt that matches her skin. And I hate that blond hair on her. Yuck. I thought this was Jaime Presley at first. No that's not a compliment. 

Halle Berry:
She usually looks so great but this look just isn't doing it for me. 

Jayma Mays:
no no no. Emma would not approve! The dress isn't that bad but the hair and make-up look a little to burlesque for me.

Megan Fox:
Yawn. Yea. We get it. You're sexy. We don't need to keep seeing your thigh poking out of everything you wear sweetie. 

Michelle Williams:
Please someone give her extensions! I'm all about a cute crop but this look is just too severe in my opinion. Between the light hair, fair skin and nude dress, it's just too blah.

And now for the "not sure what to think" category:
Catherine Zeta-Jones:
I don't HATE it. But I don't LOVE it. The color's nice but I'm not sure about the gathering or the fabric. Hmmm.

Eva Longoria:
Looking at this now, I feel like it should be on the "worst dressed". There's nothing wrong with black (see Julia Stiles above) but this is just plain and boring and does nothing for her.

Natalie Portman:
Once again, it looks for Valentine's Day between the pink and reds and that giant flower on her boobs.....

Julie Bowen:
The color works for her. I actually like the flowers (are they flowers? what are those things?) but I'm not liking the stripes.

Mandy Moore:
Great color for her. I don't really like where the skirt flares out. I feel like it should have been higher or lower. And without the "mesh" fabric.


And there you have it. My favorites and least favorites of the night. Who were your best & worst dressed? Do you agree with my list? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment