5.17.2010

Birthday Weekend

So Saturday was my birthday - I am now the ripe age of 26. Even though I'm nearing 30, I don't feel like it at all. I'm certainly very immature for my age. I mean I still laugh at fart sounds. But I do not think it's a bad thing. Most of my friends and classmates from high school are married/getting married and have kids. I used to feel as if I was lagging behind but now that I'd older and wiser (ha) I see no reason to rush into marriage and kids. I'm having fun and I feel happy where I am in my life right now. There's no rule that you have to be settled down before your 30s. I want to enjoy life and have fun. Not that married parents don't have fun. I just feel that I'm not ready mentally at the moment to take care of another human life. I mean c'mon, I STILL laugh at fart sounds!
Anyway, that's enough deep thoughts for one day. I kept my birthday pretty low-key. Twenty-six isn't a milestone year and I had to be up early the next morning. My mom and I went to breakfast in the morning and the boy and I went to the Red's (1st place!) game that night. It was an awesome game. Best game ever! It was the Civil Rights game and before the game there was a whole big to do and awards ceremony honoring different athletes who have made strides regarding civil rights in America. Among them were Roberta Flack, Billie Jean King, Willie Mays, and more.




Marty Brennaman announcing the awards


Roberta Flack singing "Imagine"


Billie Jean King - in blue





























Army parachuters delivering the game ball to the field




Oh and this is my birthday present! His name is Bruno and he's a 2 year old St. Bernard we rescued from a local shelter. Love this guy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment