4.03.2014

Life Update

Hey! Long time, no blog. You guys should probably be used to this by now. I mean, assuming anyone is still reading. Just wanted to stop by and give a quick life update.

This first one technically happened December of last year but it became official in February. My husband and I became godparents to the cutest little girl I've ever seen.



Her name is Dane Marie and she is adorable. She even makes me want kids, which if you know me you know I'm kind undecided about the whole kids thing. 


In February I took my dad to see a Cyclones game. It was my first time going since last year and even though we ended up losing it was nice spending some time with my dad. 


I'm not usually a fan of the "crazy daises" but I saw these in Kroger one day when it was in the single degree temps outside and just had to get them. Anything to brighten things up!

I've been running more. My dad and I are signed up for a  Mother's Day 5k which benefits Hospice Care. You can run on behalf of someone you've lost to cancer so my dad is running for his mom and I'm running for my grandpa (my mom's dad). 
I am also running in Paige's Princess Run which benefits Children's Hospital. I ran in this last year and didn't realize until the day of the race that the girl who inspired the race & foundation was the grand daughter of someone who belongs to our golf club. The race is a lot of fun and you're encouraged to wear a tutu which is always fun.

I also bit the bullet and signed up for the Little Miami Half Marathon. Eeek! This will be my first. I've never ran more than 6 miles at one time. I originally wanted to do Flying Pig Half but I was a major slacker over the winter and there's no way I would have been ready to run 13.1 miles by May 4. Not a chance. I did the 10k last year and had a lot of fun so maybe next year I can the half. The half I signed up for isn't until August so I've got plenty of time to train. But, now that I'm thinking about it, running a half marathon. In the Ohio Valley. In August. If you live in or know anything about Ohio during that time of year you know what I'm talking about. But there's no turning back now. I don't expect to place first obviously. I just want to finish! Haha. 

Not a whole lot else has been going on lately. Except for hoping that his mild weather we've been having is here to stay! Saturday we will be celebrating my bff's 30th birthday so I will try to get some pics. And next weekend we're going to our first (but definitely not last) Reds game of the year! 
I'll leave you with a picture of Ben enjoying the sunny, 75 degree weather the other day.


Happy Spring! (finally)





No comments:

Post a Comment