4.09.2013

It's officially spring.

Hey guys! As much as I hate to say it, the weekend is over. Sad face. See, I have somewhat of an "extended" weekend since I'm always off on Mondays. Sometimes I do have to work Saturdays though, but only for a few hours. However, this weekend was a 3 day one for me and the weather couldn't have been more perfect! Saturday morning my husband and I slept in a little later than usual. Oops. My reason was because I was catching up on all the sleep I missed out on during the week. Once we finally got up, I made breakfast (even though it was about 12:45) and I even managed to squeeze in a quick workout. Then we packed up our dog, Ben and took him up to my in laws house so he could play with their dogs. They actually own his sister, Stella and his other relatives, Moe & Cooper. We hung out with husband's parents and even got them to watch (and actually enjoy!) Top Gear - the original BBC one, not the one on the History channel.
We said we weren't going to drink that much since we had to get up semi early on Sunday to go to the Reds game. Well we still managed to buy beer. Oops again. It was ok though, we were still able to get up and make to the game on time. Kinda.








It was the perfect day for a baseball game. And the Reds won :)
On the way home we stopped at Skyline because basically we were starving. We refuse to buy anything at baseball games - $4 for pop or peanuts, $8.25 for beer! Our friends went up around the 6th inning to get food and came back with Penn Station. We asked them how much it costs and they just said "We don't wanna talk about it..."
I apparently deleted the original pic off my phone so here's an Instagram pic from a couple weeks ago. I get the same thing every time I go there so nothing's really different. 

After Skyline, we decided it would be a good idea to buy beer again. 
I kept it classy with the high life. It IS the champagne of beers. 
I must have been drinking these very fast because at some point during the night, I started playing random throwback songs I kept finding on YouTube. My husband was playing xbox but was thoroughly enjoying helping me find songs. I found some gems such as "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley and "I'll Make Love To You" by Boyz II Men. Then we started going all gangsta style with Snoop Dogg, Dre, Biggie, and Ja Rule. Basically, I've got a great set list for this Friday Whitney. Eventually, my husband got board so I put my headphones on a jammed out to some old school Brit and Jessica Simpson. 
Today I actually managed to drag myself out of bead, make a (semi) healthy breakfast, take Ben for a walk and go for run.
For not running since January, I feel this was fairly decent. I need to be able to run at least 6 miles in less than a month for the Flying Pig 10k. I was going to attempt the half marathon but I got lazy over the winter and didn't stick to my training. It was cold and snowing half the time anyway. 
So now I'm sitting here with my 24oz of Miller Lite wishing that I could wake up tomorrow and it would be Saturday again but since I doubt that's going to happen, let's hope for a quick work week!







No comments:

Post a Comment