3.04.2013

A little bit of everything...


So clearly my new year's resolution to blog more is going well. I don't even have an excuse. I've just been lazy. I blame the weather. I don't even know what the sun looks like anymore. I feel like I'm stuck in a Twilight movie. I know I'm the only person ready for spring...
Anyway - I thought I'd share some things that have been going on lately and things that are coming up in the near future.

A few weeks ago, my mom and I had a mother/daughter bonding day. I love these days even more since I'm married and moved out of my parents' house. We went shopping (duh) at Target (as if there was anywhere else to go?). Okay, we did go to the mall. But we only went to the Godiva store. My mom wanted to go into Michael Kors, but I didn't feel like having a tantrum because I couldn't afford anything in there. Then I'd probably have to buy the handbag that got soiled with my tears. Our shopping day was one the nicest days we have had in a long time. It was sunny and supposedly 50 degrees, except it was so windy it felt about 10 degrees cooler. At least the sun was out. I guess.
Here's (part) of what I wore for our outing:
I loved this combo. It's one my new faves and I plan on wearing it again once it gets warmer.
Scarf: Forever21 (similar)
Button Up: Old Navy (here)

Now. On to the shopping. I picked up a few fun things at Target. I actually had a $50 gift card and think I only had to pay like $6 or something like that. Pretty good deal to me!
This mirror. I actually had 3 of these on my bridal registry and no one bought them for me! This was the last one a my Target and was on sale for like $11. I'm still not sure where I want to hang it.  I'd like to be able to track down the other 2  and use them how I originally planned. 

This cute little night light. Right on trend with the chevron pattern. The only problem with it is that it's LED and and only goes off if the light is on or in direct sunlight. We don't really get direct sunlight in our apartment so I'm going to have to play around with it to see where I can use it. Maybe the bathroom?

These adorable socks from the $1 section at the front of the store. I'm pretty sure these are meant for a 5 year old but they fit me so your argument is invalid.

This mug and this cute plastic tumbler. I'm a sucker for a cute coffee mug...or any dishes for that matter. These are both on sale for around $1.50 each. Score.

I did get some other things but they were boring and not worth sharing (i.e. toilet paper and such).

Of course we stopped at Starbucks and I just had to have this cookie:
So cute right? I still haven't been able to eat it.

I got this from our trip to Godiva:
Along with 3 other pieces of chocolate that didn't make it past the second day. Ooops. 


After all the shopping fun we needed nourishment so we went to this restaurant near my apartment called The Works. It used to be a firehouse. And it was. so. good.

Pot Roast Sandwich.

 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Yum.

In other news, I've been trying to workout lately. I just can't seem to get motivated. Once again, I blame the weather. Only problem is, I'm supposed to be doing the Flying Pig half marathon in May which is exactly 2 months away. And I could barely run 2 miles last week. I definitely need to GET ON IT! As if I'm not crazy enough I'm also going to try to do my first marathon in September. The Air Force Marathon to be exact. At least I've got more time to prepare for that one. AND...I think my husband and I are going to sign up for Tough Mudder in October. Just to even things out I'm also doing a few 5Ks including The Color Run and Paige's Princess Run. I've also been really into POP Pilates for awhile. They're actually really fun to do and the trainer, Cassey Ho, makes the time fly by. But don't be fooled. Girl is intense! Just see for yourself:


I need to get my eating back on track though. I seem to do fine during the week, but come the weekend I tend to go off track. Chinese food, pizza, beer. I'm all about allowing yourself a cheat day but mine somehow turns into Friday night to Monday night. My husband doesn't always help either. He doesn't do it intentionally but I don't really say no either. I would switch to a lighter beer such as Bud Select 55 or Miller 64 but they're just not the same. Sorry. I also need to be better about working out on weekends. Even if it's just 20 minutes. Right now I'm looking at about 4 days a week of working out. I'd like to make it at least 5, if not 6. It's crunch time people. Spring is just around the corner! 

What have you guys been up to lately? Any fun, future plans for spring and summer?
Let me know in the comments below!






No comments:

Post a Comment