7.20.2010

A few new things

So I took my weekly trip to Target yesterday. Seriously I go at least once a week. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but I am beyond obsessed with Target. It's been going strong ever since I was young, like young young! I remember going there with my mom and getting toys, especially Barbies and stuffed animals. They always had the best. And now my love affair is still going strong, especially since Target has teamed up with big name designers and started getting all classy and such. If they ever went out of business, I would die, just die! I'd probably never buy anything again. Sad day.

I just went in to pick up a few things. Actually I just went in for body wash & hair color. I was a good girl and didn't even look at clothes, shoes, purses. I did however pass through the make-up area. I mean it IS en route to the hair section.....
I was walking innocently past the make-up when something caught my eye on the end cap of an aisle. It was a whole section of e.l.f. cosmetics. I love this brand, well sometimes. They have their hits and misses. The thing I love is that their items are so inexpensive which is great since I buy make-up all the time. If I bought all MAC or something I'd be in the poor house for sure! Luckily the things I picked up today we all hits and I only spent $8 on it all!

Beauty book Smoky Eye Edition - $5. Say what?!?! Yea I know, I did the same thing too. 12 eye shadows, an eyeliner and applicator. The colors are really pretty. They also had one for Neutral Eyes, Colorful Eyes and one just for lips. I really liked the colors in this one. My only complaint is that one of the shadows cracked and it was all over the inside, which you can kind of see in the picture (second row from the top, second shadow from the left) but that's not the company's fault. Overall I'd say this is a worth while purchase - it even has step by step instructions to achieve the look!


Hypershine Lip Gloss (in Bubblegum)
Zit Zapper
Eyelash Curler
All were $1 each
I really like the lipgloss. The color is subtle but very pretty. It smells very sweet which was initially a turn off but once it's on you really can't smell it. It's not sticky either which is a plus.
I tried the zit zapper last night. It seemed to work ok. I wasn't expecting an overnight miracle but I think it did ok for how cheap it was. It's a rollerball and it's got Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel and Camphor which all sound good. You can read more about it here
I haven't tried the eyelash curler yet but I'll let you know what I think about it


Ah! Here's what I actually went in for! The scent is Mango something or other. It smells really good!

I also got my hair color but didn't take a picture of it. I just got Natural Instincts in Medium Brown.


I also received this in the mail:

I always used to get this book from the library. I loved looking at all the different make-up looks. It's amazing what you can do with make-up. I suggest everyone get this book or at least borrow it from your local library. I bought mine used from Amazon. You can't even tell it's used and I got a great deal on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment