12.31.2012

2013

A new year. A new start. A chance to become a better you.

On NYE 2010, I got engaged. And now in 2012 I get to ring in my first year as a married woman. It's also my husband's birthday. We aren't going out - sorry we're kind of boring. I am however making him a lovely dinner of filet mignon, artichokes, and garlic mashed potatoes. And I'm making him his favorite cake as we speak (spice cake w/cream cheese icing). After dinner we'll probably tune in to watch the ball drop, although I don't think it will be the same without Dick Clark. 


Here are a few of my New Year's Resolutions. Hopefully I can keep them for more than week.

Get into the best shape of my life
(obviously.)

Run my first half marathon
(The Flying Pig to be exact)

Save more. Spend less. 
(Sorry Target....it's not you, it's me)

Be more organized.
(Who doesn't want that?)
(I'll go ahead and take that kitchen too)

Become an expert at D.I.Y
(Time to get my creative juices flowing)

Eat Healthier
(This means shopping from the perimeter of the grocery store and steering clear of the center aisles)

Learn something new.
(Even if it's as simple as giving myself a kick ass mani)

Take more pictures
(I just bought an awesome camera and can't wait to learn all about it!)

Get (another) tattoo
(I've been wanting to do this since I got my first one 5 years ago)

Go on more dates with my husband
(Without straying too far from the saving money deal)
And yes, many of our dates look exactly like this. Except I have brown hair. 

So pretty much, I have my year cut out for me. I don't expect to achieve each and every one of these, I mean let's be realistic. However, I am going to focus on the more important ones but not kick myself if everything doesn't work out to plan. That's what 2014 is for right?

Hope you all have a safe & happy new year!













No comments:

Post a Comment